Contact Details:
Address: 5, Tabukashvili St. 0105, Tbilisi, Georgia
Phone: 995 32 299 95 88
Fax: 995 32 293 13 38
Email: research@gch-centre.ge
Website: www.gch-centre.ge
The George Chubinashvili National Research Centre for Georgian Art History and Cultural Heritage was established in 2006 on the basis of the integration of two institutions, George Chubinashvili Institute of the History of Georgian Art (founded in 1941) and Sergo Kobuladze Laboratory for Monuments Photo-Recording (founded in 1973). The Centre is subjected to the Ministry of Culture and Monuments Protection of Georgia.

The George Chubinashvili Centre is the leading research organization for the study in the history of Georgian art. The expertise of its staff includes all aspects of ancient, medieval, and modern art and architecture of Georgia. Other important fields of their activity are inventory, recording, and promotion of cultural heritage. In addition, the George Chubinashvili Centre is engaged in the preservation of cultural heritage through implementation, expertise and monitoring of restoration and conservation works.

Partner News

Training Course: Black Sea Cultural Port: challenges and prospects 16-18 October, 2014, Batumi

The training course: “Black Sea Cultural Port: challenges and prospects” was realized in Batumi, at the Center for Civic Engagement, the most popular open space in Batumi and the whole region of Ajara.

The course was […]

October 25th, 2014|