The training course: “Black Sea Cultural Port: challenges and prospects” was realized in Batumi, at the Center for Civic Engagement, the most popular open space in Batumi and the whole region of Ajara.
The course was realized for the representatives of the Georgian Local Network member Institutions, with the objective to mobilize the local partners and improve the effectiveness of the Local Network.
The agenda included the objectives of:
- The project “LIMEN: aims and objectives
- The European Capitals of Culture; the Black Sea Cultural Port institution
- Dividends of cultural heritage conservation and cultural tourism
- Results of the project OLKAS
- Presentation of the documentary film OLKAS
- Batumi as a Black Sea Cultural Port – challenges and prospects
- European and Georgian policies on cultural tourism
- Sustainable tourism and prospects of cultural tourism
- Networking and cultural tourism
- Case studies – good practices of cultural tourism in Georgia – Uplistikhe and Vardzia cases
As well as:
- mapping of the problems and brainstorming on the main issues
- discussing the case studies in Ajara: ports of Batumi, Gonio-Apsaros and Tsikhisdziri-Petra
Promotion material distributed:
- brief description of Limen project, aims and objectives and information on local network
- brief description of the EU European Capital of Culture Programme
- DVD with the: documentary created in the frames of OLKAS project; materials on European Capital of Culture Programme: presenting main strategies, application procedures and standards, materials on the successful cases
- proceedings of the Symposium held in the frames of the OLKAS project
Members of the local network participated:
- Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport of Ajara
- Department of Tourism and Resorts of Ajara
- Batumi Sea Port
- Batumi Art Teaching University
- Batumi Archaeological Museum
- Khariton Akhvlediani State Museum of Ajara
- Batumi Municipality
- Cultural Heritage Preservation Agency of Ajara
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University Berdzenishvili Institute
The courses were widely attended by the representatives of the institutions members of the Local Network established in the frames of the LIMEN project, as well as representatives of key NGO-s working in the field of culture and university students.
The training course attracted high media attention!