Tel.: 00 38 048 723 84 62
Odessa Art Museum contains one of the biggest collections of Russian and Ukrainian visual arts from the second half of XIX-beginning of XX century. The museum was opened by the initiative of the Fine Arts Society in 1899, in a palace that once belonged to Olga Naryshkina, count Pototskyy’s daughter, and was designed in the style of Russian Classicism by Franz Boffo. G. Marazli, mayor of the city and famous patron purchased the palace and presented it to the city especially as a museum establishment. One of the first directors of the museum was an artist Kostandi, and his paintings are represented in the exhibition. Among ten thousand exhibits are paintings by the great artists Levytskyy, Borovikovskyy, Kiprenskyy, Tropinin, Ayvazovskyy, Serov, Vrubel, Repin, Shishkin, Savrasov, Kuindgi, Roerich, Borisov-Musatov, Kandinskyy… One can admire the powerful, demonic “Valkyrie” by Vrubel in one of the 26 halls of the museum or take a look at what was painted by the great Ukrainian poet – Taras Grigoryevich Shevchenko!