St Nicholas’ Greek Orthodox Church, located in the historic part of the city, is one of the earliest church buildings in Batumi.
Terminating in a bell-tower on the west side, this large domed church with a prominent apse was built during the Ottoman period (1865-1871) by the local Greeks. With its exterior forms and the interior artistic solution, it reveals close links with Byzantine architecture. The interior wall painting dates from 2002.
Today the church belongs to the Georgian Orthodox Church.