The Israelite Sefard rite temple in the peninsular quarter of the city began to be built in 1910 according to plans by architect Anghel Păunescu. Built of stone and brick, the edifice shows a vault evidenced by decorative profiles with rounded trajectory, narrow threefold windows at the first floor and at the upper part, rectangular framed windows at the ground floor. The main front, initially comprising monumental stairs, is narrower than the side front, showing David’s star at the upper part. Inside it is simple, with two colonnades. The edifice is now in an advanced state of degradation.